Monday, September 07, 2009

Fantasy Week One Rumblings

We are just days away from the season starting and I am chomping at the bit for Thursday night! All drafts are done, all lineups are set, it's time to take the field! For the first time in my life I am in five leagues (four online) and for the most part I was diverse in my picks. But there are a few I'm counting on in more than one league...

_________________________________________________________

Chris Johnson

I took the second year Titans RB in the first round of three leagues this year. I'm praying for at least a repeat of his stats from 2008 when he exploded for 1228 rushing yards and ten total TDs. If a few of those TDs are of 50 yards are longer, that would be bonus for me in my money league, the IFFL. Also have him in the FFTwitter League at Yahoo and my RapidDraft team. The downside to Johnson is that LenDale White will steal goal-line carries and TDs.
________________________________________________________

Felix Jones

Jones is reportedly going to get a lot of touches despite the presence of Marion Barber in Dallas. Felix, like Chris Johnson, will most likely not be the goal-line back unless Barber gets hurt. On my IFFL team, he's currently fourth on my depth chart behind Johnson, Beanie Wells, and McFadden but is my RB2 in my 16 man league (FF Brawl).
________________________________________________________

Randy Moss

Banking on him regaining his 2007 form. In my two more important leagues I took a chance on him in the early 2nd round. If he can hit 15-17 TDs I'll be extremely happy. It looked like he and Brady had the needed rhythm back in the preseason so here's hoping they'll light it up like two years ago.
_______________________________________________________

IFFL Week 1 Preview

Opening week and I'm playing division rival The Buckeye Wrecking Crew. Coach Zerman has two key players from my championship team last year: Aaron Rodgers (vs. Chicago) and Michael Turner (vs. Miami). Both matchups scare me to death, considering what both players are capable of. He also has Steve Smith, Greg Jennings, Kevin Smith, Anthony Gonzalez, and Jason Witten that he could start. (As of the time of this writing he has yet to turn in a starting lineup.)

My lineup this week will most likely look like this:

TMQB Dallas (Tony Romo) @ Tampa Bay
RB Chris Johnson (Tenn) @ Pittsburgh
WR Randy Moss (NE) vs. Buffalo
WR Chad Ochocinco (Cin) vs. Denver
WR DeSean Jackson (Phil) @ Carolina
WR Devin Hester (Chic) @ Green Bay
K Ryan Longwell (Minn) @ Cleveland
DST New York Jets @ Houston

My other considerations in my lineup would be:

TMQB Cincinnati (Carson Palmer) vs. Denver
RB Chris Wells (Ariz) vs. San Francisco
RB Darren McFadden (Oak) vs. San Diego
RB Felix Jones (Dal) @ Tampa Bay

Feel free to give lineup advice if you wish.
_____________________________________________________

Ohio State VS. USC

Changing the subject now, this Saturday is my birthday and I am lucky enough to have gotten tickets to the Ohio Stae vs. USC matchup at the Horseshoe in Columbus. But after a dismal performance against Navy this past week, my hopes for an upset over Southern Cal are a bit dim. However, I'm still excited because it will be my first night game. I'm hoping to get pictures!
_________________________________________________________

Until next week ... GO BUCKS! GO WAVES! GO 4TH AND 37!!!

No comments: