Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fantasy Rumblings Week 2

It was not a good weekend for me in fantasy OR reality football. Ohio State and the Raiders both lost games they were leading with only a minute left on the clock. And fantasy wise I went 1-4 in my leagues this week, winning only in the Fanatics Brawl League. Ouch. Hoping to bounce back in Week 2.
________________________________________________________

Icon Fantasy Football League Report

I outsmarted myself. Friday night I made the decision to bench Tony Romo for Carson Palmer and Devin Hester for Felix Jones. The result was a embarrassing loss to the Buckeye Wrecking Crew 48-26. Had I stuck with Romo I would have easily opened the season with a big division win. With Romo and Hester I left 50 points on my bench. Not a good way to open a season. What really perturbed me was that 34 of the Wrecking Crew's points came in really one play ... the 50 yard bomb from Aaron Rodgers to Greg Jennings late Sunday night. Oh well, such is my own stupidity, believing the Bengals might actually have an offense that could give Denver a whipping. Lesson learned ... don't underestimate Tony Romo.



This week I dropped WR Mohammed Massaquoi for WR Mario Manningham. Figured I'd try a different sixth receiver with the same initials...

Week 2 sees my Miami Waves face the Pennsylvania Pimpdaddies, another division foe. The Pimps had the luck of having the first pick and thus have Adrian Peterons leading their charge. He also has RB DeAngelo Williams, WR Brandon Marshall, and WR Hines Ward among others. His matchups scare me greatly, (Peterson vs. Detroit? Marshall vs. Cleveland? YIKES!)

My lineup will look like this: (Barring anymore unseen stupid lineup changes.)

TMQB Dallas (Romo) vs. NY Giants
RB Chris Johnson (Tenn) vs. Houston
RB Darren McFadden (Oak) @ Kansas City
WR Randy Moss (NE) @ NY Jets
WR Chad Ochocinco (Cinn) @ Green Bay
WR DeSean Jackson (Phil) vs. New Orleans
PK Ryan Longwell (Minn) @ Detroit
DST NY Jets vs. New England

My RBS in this lineup both have good matchups and hopefully will cash in. Moss will have it a bit tougher this week against the Jets but should still be effective. Ocho vs. the Packers concerns me, especially with him declaring that he will do the Lambeau Leap if he scores in Green Bay. Don't think Al Harris and Charles Woodson want that to happen... DeSean against the Saints would look even better if McNabb were at the helm this week, but maybe Kolb can find him for a few long passes if I'm lucky.

My other options would be Felix Jones vs. the Giants, Beanie Wells vs. Jacksonville, Devin Hester vs. Pittsburgh, or Mario Manningham vs. Dallas. Going to give Hester another week on the bench, but if he scores against the Steelers, I'll be starting him over DeSean in the future.

If I lose this one I'm looking bad early with two division losses in a row. Would be my first 0-2 start in 5 years.
_________________________________________________

Ohio State vs. USC


While the result of the game sucked (USC 18 Ohio State 15), the atmosphere and the game itself was phenomenal. My first night game at The Shoe was an experience I will never forget. I've been to a few big games at Ohio Stadium, but none were near as loud or exciting as this one. I screamed my head off and five days later am still a little froggy in the throat.












I've been to a few NFL games, but nothing compares to a Ohio State game. Especially against a huge opponent like USC or Michigan where the fans are on their feet constantly and shouting O-H-I-O!! It's practically a religious experience.



_____________________________________________________________

Predictions Of The Week

1) Not going to go TOO far out on a limb here, but I've got Vikings RB Adrian Peterson down for a 200 yard rushing game and at least two scores against the Lions.

2) The Cardinals will rebound against the Jags this week. Kurt Warner should throw at least three TDs.

3) Matt Hasselbeck will not have much sucess against the 49ers. 1 TD maximum.
_____________________________________________________________

No comments: