Sunday, August 13, 2006

One week to go! LJ or LT?

One week until my first draft. I'm going crazy from the wait. With the second pick overall I'm contemplating Larry Johnson or Ladanain Tomlinson. I'm avoiding Shaun Alexander again I know, but I can't help it. I don't like him. I know it's not a good strategy to avoid players because you don't like them, but in my opinion, you have more fun if you actually LIKE and are a fan of the guys you draft. For years I avoided drafting Broncos because I hate the team. I've since stopped doing that, but I can't seem to get over the "Alexander Hump".

Between receiving advice from several sources, I think I'm going to go with LJ. I was worried at first about the loss of Willie Roaf and what impact that could have on the OL of the Chiefs, but after being given a rundown of LJ's numbers while Roaf was out last year and seeing they were just as good when he was in the lineup .... I'm thinking LJ is the way to go. Now maybe I'll change my mind, afterall the scoring system for this league is 1 point for every ten yards rushing and recieving and LT might have the advantage there.

Also working in Tomlinson's favor is nostalgia. He was my #1 RB on my championship team three seasons ago. He, along with Edgerrin James, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, and Chris Chambers have become my faves when it comes to draft day. (Chad has been a member of the Icons the last four years running and was a member of the Waves last year.) Yeah, if I have a draft weakness, it's the nostalgic aspect. Well, that and drafting defenses way too early. Which IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN! I'm never going to hear the end of my drafting the Baltimore defense in the ninth round and then boldly declaring: "The run of defenses has begun!" ... only to have no other defenses drafted for several rounds after. Oh, and did I mention the Baltimore defense SUCKED as far as fantasy points last year???

For the moment I'm planning on Larry Johnson, but maybe the owner of the Talahassee Tigers changes his mind and drafts Johnson, then I can draft LT without any remorse.

No comments: