Friday, August 04, 2006

August 4, 2006: The Wait

The wait is growing ever so shorter now. The drafts are just around the corner and the planning is proceeding nicely. Training camps are in full swing and reports are coming in constantly. Ahhh yes.



IFFL REPORT

With just 22 days until the draft I have a fairly good idea of who I'll end up drafting in the first couple of rounds. After talking to a few owners and getting reliable info about others, the probable shape of the first few picks has taken form. Having the fifth pick overall may not turn out as bad as I first feared. I had really hoped initally to get one of the top four choices and even had made a quick trade on lottery day for the first pick overall. But the deal fell through .... and only time will tell if I will want to thank Roger (West Virginia Dolphins
) or throttle him for changing his mind. Heheheh, no hard feelings hillbilly.



HAFFL REPORT

In two days we have the draft lottery meeting and I will finally know where and when I'll be drafting. Not really much else to report here. I'll let you know the results of the meeting soon after it happens.



All in all, I'm getting very antsy and excited about the upcoming weeks. Hope everyone is enjoying it as much as I am.

1 comment:

Slim said...

Hey, your meeting is over, when is the next blog?