Friday, September 01, 2006

Key Players

Every year I try to draft 2-4 players that appear on both of my rosters. Last year I had Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald (actually, I traded for him in the IFFL), and Plaxico Burress. This year I have four: Kurt Warner, Matt Leinart (since I have Arizona team QBs in the IFFL, technically, you can say I have both), Laurence Maroney, and Olindo Mare. Now Mare is projected to be my backup kicker in both leagues (to Vinateri in the IFFL and Janikowski in the HAFFL) so really, not much to say there. Maroney ... while he could very well be the Patriots starting RB by the end of the year, his value is limited while Cory Dillon is still in the picture. My "key player" this year appears to be Kurt Warner.

While I projected Warner as my backup in the HAFFL to Eli Manning ... I am going to start him Week One against the 49ers. He is my definitive starter in the IFFL however, and I'm hoping he looks Fitzgerald's way a lot. Double points rock! Now if Warner gets hurt, it's not a HUGE deal. I do have Leinart in both leagues if I need him, but since I have Eli on the Icons, and Michael Vick on the Waves, I'll still be looking okay at QB.

No comments: